Monday, April 12, 2010

Rash

I have managed to make it 13 months without having to learn about a food allergy.  I spent the morning trying to figure out what was going on with my little ones face.  Last Friday we started out with diaper rash and a few speckles on her chin, lip and by her eye.  Saturday and Sunday came along with more and more speckles.

This morning we woke up with more speckles, I decided a trip to the doctor was in order.  I originally thought it was teething.  My daughter always breaks out in diaper rash with teething.  I thought the spots around her mouth were also due to teething.

Then the paranoia set in.  What if it is impetigo or eczema (it is hereditary).  What if she touched her diaper rash and somehow spread it to her face. I know ridiculous.  Sometimes I feel like I am a hypochondriac.

I was relieved to find out it was a food allergy (after all the worrying).  We have surmised that it is the juice that I gave her.  And all it took was an unhappy baby and 3 sleepless nights!!

No comments:

Post a Comment