Thursday, April 8, 2010

Ipad thoughts

I have been listening to all of the hype surrounding the Ipad.  It really does sound like a cool new gadget.  I have an Iphone and sometimes I think that a bigger version of it would be pretty neat.  So my husband and I went to Best Buy to look at them.

I was asking my husband who would want to spend money (I rely on almost all free ones for my phone) on all of the app's for the Ipad?  He explained to me that one has to pay for the software that they get on their computer.  After all, it isn't free.  I guess he got me there.

I do like the idea of watching a movie or reading a book using the Ipad.  It would be good to let me little one watch movies; at least until she drops it and breaks it.  The size of it is perfect for both of these activities. The ease of flipping the pages and looking at the screen for a movie are attractive features.

One thing that I don't like is that there is no way to prop it up.  It would be neat to look up a recipe (and not have to print it) and prop up the Ipad in the kitchen to use as a cookbook.

All and all it is a cool gadget.  The major downfall is the price.  I think that if I were going to spend that kind of money, I may as well buy a computer!

No comments:

Post a Comment