Saturday, March 20, 2010

More than One Child?

After having my nieces over for the day and night I wonder how people do it.  How do people successfully raise more than one child?  I have one and she is a handful on a daily basis.  Having 3 kids for one day presented its own challenges.  There are days when I think that I am ready for more than one child and even more days when I am happy to have one.

My parents raised 4 boys and 1 girl.  I have no idea how my mother survived that.  We are are all approximately a year and a half apart.  I am sure that my mother faced the same challenges that I do daily only hers was multiplied.  Everyone keeps saying that the more  children you have, the easier it gets.  I keep looking at my little girl and thinking, how is that possible?  I suppose at some point the kids will play with each other and take care of each other.

Although challenging, it was fun to have a houseful of kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment