Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Bathing

Up until today, I thought that giving my baby a bath was a good thing.  I take every precaution to make sure she is safe, the water temp is just right and that she is clean.  I thought.  I watched the Today Show's episode this morning pertaining to bacteria and bath toys.  To say that it grossed me out was an understatement.  They explained how toys with a hole in them build up bacteria on the inside because you can never fully clean them.  In some cases, the toys built up black sludge.  These are the toys that children put into their mouth, squirt into their eyes as well as all over their bodies.  So we think that when we clean them with soap, they are getting a nice clean bath.  They also said to store the toys outside of the bathroom because flushing the toilet from up to 20 feet away can contaminate the toys.  I will be sticking to the solid bottom duckies and cleaning them with rubbing alcohol.

For more on the story:
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/35685464#35685464

No comments:

Post a Comment