Saturday, March 27, 2010

Food Revolution

I just finished watching Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution.  I can not believe that the children on the show new so little about the basics.  I am hoping that it was all staged for television and that the kids were told not to answer the questions.  How could these kids not know what a tomato or potato are?

I do think that the show has a lot of good points.  The schools should be concentrating on the health of the children and less about feeding them the cheapest food.  In my state we pay taxes which fund the schools.  I think as a parent we should have the right to veto or approve what goes on the menu of our children.

Another good aspect of the show is to educate people on what to eat.  I am sure that we all know the things that we should eat:  veggies, lean meat, chicken, fish, fruits, etc.  But not everyone knows how to prepare them.  Myself, I am often stumped at what to put together.  I feel like I make the same 5 dishes over and over again.

I am open to any suggestions that will educate society on what to eat and how to prepare it.  I wish Jamie Oliver would come to my kitchen and show me a few recipes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment