Thursday, March 18, 2010

The First Year

Well, the first year has come and gone.  It seems like I was just preparing for the big 1 year birthday.  Everyone tells you that the first year goes by so fast.  But, when you are in the fog of sleepless nights and endless feedings you think that surely everyone must be playing a cruel joke.  It felt like forever before I got a good night sleep. 

I didn't realize that it would be difficult to watch my baby become a toddler.  I already miss the days of holding her and wondering if her first smile was just gas!  I remember wondering if she was ever going to move, then roll over and then crawl. 

It has been an exciting year.  I would not have traded it for anything.  I feel fortunate to have been able to spend the whole year with my little girl especially when I hear my friends talk about all of the things that they have missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment