Monday, March 1, 2010

Customer Service

Why is customer service these days so terrible?  One would think that with the state that our economy is in, businesses would be bending over backwards to help you out.  Not so, I have found out.  Out of 4 companies that I have written in the last month, only one has responded.  I am really annoyed considering the businesses are child related.  I emailed Gerber's customer service to tell them about some baby carrots that I purchased.  The carrots were dried out all around the seal.  I kept the container for a week just in case they needed the numbers on the container.  They never responded.  I emailed the customer service department of the American Red Cross concerning a pacifier thermometer that they sell.  The one that I received does not work.  I am still waiting to hear back from them,  I also made a purchase from Little Maven.com.  On 2/25 they had a sale from 12-5 EST of 25% a purchase and free shipping.  I emailed their customer service department and called the customer service department.  The customer service phone number gave me a voice mail.  Four days later I did hear back from Little Maven and they did make the correction. The company that responded the quickest was Safety 1st.  We purchased a wall mounting kit that had a bent screw and one that broke when we tried to use it.  They responded and sent me a new product immediately.  I wish more companies took their customers seriously and responded quicker.

No comments:

Post a Comment