Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day

I hope that everyone had a great Father's day.  I wish a Happy Father's day to my dad, brothers and husband.  This is a day to appreciate the men in our lives.

I appreciate my father for all that he has done.  He is the one that raised all five of his children.  My mother died when I was young.  He could have let our relatives raise us, but he chose to do it.  It was not easy and we went without many things.  One thing that I never lacked was the feeling of being loved.

I am grateful to have a wonderful husband.  He loves and adores his daughter and always has such joy when he sees her little face. He is gentle and patient with her to no end.  He loves me and has made it possible for me to spend the first year of our daughter's live at home with her.  He makes us feel safe, loved and cherished.

I am blessed to have great brothers who love their children and their family.  They would do anything for their families and have always done so in the past.

I guess Father's day is not just a day to give cards and presents, but a day to reflect and be thankful for the wonderful men in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment