Saturday, May 1, 2010

Tylenol Recall

Once again there is another Tylenol recall for children's Tylenol, Motrin and Benadryl.  The McNeil product recall website lists which products are being recalled by NDC number.  This is a voluntary recall because some of the products do not meet their quality standards. You should not administer any of these products.  Some of the products may have a higher concentration of the active ingredients. Other products may contain inactive ingredients that may not meet internal testing requirements.

I went to my  medicine cabinet and pulled out my bottle of Benadryl dye-free allergy medicine and looked up the NDC number.  Much to my surprise it was a match.  It is amazing the emotions that go through you when you realize that you have a recalled product.

I don't seem to freak out when I realize that I have a product that has been recalled (had this happen when the big peanut butter epidemic was happening).  But, when it is a product that I have used for my child I really begin to panic.  I hate giving her any medicine of any type because I am always afraid that the dosage will be wrong.

When I read the recall reason that there may be a higher concentration, I really freak out. I begin to think of all of the scenarios. I could have given this to my daughter and put her to sleep and had her never wake up.  How scary is that. 

And to think that had I not have been searching through Twitter today I would have missed it.  Maybe I am just paranoid, but I take my child's medicine very seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment