Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Art of Repitition

I often wonder if my daughter really knows what her name is!  I tell her to be careful so many times in a day that I would lay money that she thinks that is her name. 

It is funny that as a parent we often find ourselves sounding like a broken record. Only we don't really realize that until we have said something for the eight hundredth time.

Sometimes we don't realize that we have taught our children something until we see them do that.  I see my daughter walking around picking up her dolls and toys, hugging them then patting them.  We hug her all of the time, but I am not quite sure where the patting came from.  Then one day I was holding her and rubbing her back, then I patted her back and suddenly realized it must have come from me.

Watching her grow and imitate life has certainly been teaching me a valuable lesson or two.  Be carefule of your actions because little eyes are ALWAYS watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment