Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Discovery

One thing that I absolutely love about Spring is that everything is new,  For me it is a time of rebirth and discovery.  This Spring is even more special.  It is the first spring that my 13 month old will be mobile enough to go outside.

The weather has been so nice the last few days that I have taken the baby outside.  I put her on the grass and waited to see what happens.  She sat in the grass and lifted her legs slightly as the grass tickled her legs.  She kept alternating legs as if it would keep the grass off her delicate skin.

Her next adventure was to grab the grass.  First, she just brushed it with her hands.  As she became more accustomed to her surroundings, she grabbed the grass with both hands and then sprinkled the pieces back on the lawn, just to watch the pieces fall.

Her adventure had no boundaries.  She crawled (because she did not feel like walking) across the grass until she came upon a pine comb.  She was so enthralled with this discovery that she immediately tried to put it in her mouth.  I had to do some anticipation that with each discovery, there would be a plan to put it in her mouth.

I found this Spring to be so much more enlightening than in the past.  I loved watching her movements and excitement.  I am so grateful for these opportunities knowing that next Spring will be even more different than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment