Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Sleep

For some crazy reason my daughter has decided that she does not want to sleep through the night.  She will go right back to sleep if I pick her up and hold her.  But, the very minute I lay her down, her eyes pop open, she sits up in bed and starts screaming.  I have tried the "no-cry" method in the past and that has gotten me to where I am at today.  I have basically jumped up to get her when she cries to keep her from waking my husband.  A couple of people have suggested trying to let her cry it out.  I tried this last night and it was painful.  She woke up at 11:30pm.  I rubbed her head, laid her down and told her to go night-night.  Then I walked out the door.  She sat right up and started crying.  I repeated this after 5 minutes.  Again after 10 minutes, then 15, then 20.  She would get tired, lay down, get quiet and then suddenly start crying.  It was as if she realized she was about to fall asleep and hurried up and woke herself up.  One hour and 10 minutes later she gave in and fell asleep.  Why does trying to get your baby to sleep at night using the "cry" method make you feel like such a bad parent???  Let's see what tonight brings.  I hope that she has a peaceful night of sleep.

More information:
http://www.parents.com/kids/sleep/tips/how-do-i-teach-my-child-to-sleep-alone/

No comments:

Post a Comment