Sunday, February 7, 2010

Bay County teen charged in death of newborn boy

I find news of any infant death very disturbing. This local story really bothered me http://www.mlive.com/news/bay-city/index.ssf/2010/02/bay_county_teen_charged_in_dea.html. A local teen gave birth to a baby boy and then threw him into a trash dumpster behind a store...in December. I can understand a teenager not wanting to become a mother but, I can not understand why she didn't give him away. I know that we have a law that within 72 hours after giving birth a person can leave the baby at a safe haven (fire dept. or hospital) with no questions asked. Why wouldn't this girl do that? She obviously did not want to be a mother. To go through carrying a baby for 9 months and then just to throw him away, I just don't understand that. There are so many people that want to have a baby and can't. My heart goes out for that poor baby crying out in the winter for someone to help and no one heard him.

No comments:

Post a Comment